Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Enable JAVA In OPERA

I like a fast browser and it seems FireFox has been somewhat sluggish lately so I installed OPERA i was amazed that everything except java worked immediately.I have been using it for a few minutes and so far I like it I am going to give it a workout and see how well it holds up. as for getting java to work assuming you allready have the latest version installed on your computer, if you go to Tools/preferences/advanced/content on the toolbar of OPERA you can enable java and then you must point opera in the directory where your java is stored.


From linux if you have trouble finding java you can go to the terminal and put in
[find / -name libjava.so 2> /dev/null ] That will tell you the location to put in the opera window. now you can validate the java plugin to be sure it works. Thats it now you can enjoy a fast browser.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good to know I've been thinking of trying Opera because a friend of mine swears by it