Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Ubuntu Karmic Koala

Ok last night I was having issues with my system after updating my Ubuntu, well it seems there was a possible compatibility issue with my system after the update. It seems firefox was not playing nice with the flash player and this morning It crashed and I was forced to do a clean install. I suppose it was for the better since I have noticed everything seems ok now and actually see some differences I had not seen after the upgrade. I never did find out what exactly caused the system to crash except reference to a theme I had installed panicked. All in all it is a lot better in my opinion. I am using Opera web browser for a lot of things though just until I am sure i have all the bugs worked out.

Monday, November 2, 2009

Firefox 3.5

I update my Ubuntu the other day to the Karmic Koala and it updated my Firefox to 3.5. I thought all was well but I have noticed its much slower than the 3.0.11 i previously had, it also seems a little buggy it has crashed a few times, now I am not sure if this is a Ubuntu issue or Firefox issue I need to read into my log files a little deeper.

 As for now I will use Opera since its much more stable and a whole lot faster, I thought I was using Internet Explorer for a while there. As for the upgrade of my Ubuntu I like everything so far and there hasn't been any disastrous crashes as of yet. The home networking is much less complicated than it used to be.
Ok its the NP-viewer error once again
(npviewer.bin:3239): Gdk-WARNING **: XID collision, trouble ahead
(npviewer.bin:5072): Gdk-WARNING **: GdkWindow 0x460009d unexpectedly destroyed
The program 'npviewer.bin' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
(Details: serial 1449 error_code 3 request_code 18 minor_code 0)
(Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)

 So I will have to ditch Flash player or see if i can find a fix somewhere. It seems it also pegs the cpu to 100% when it does this.