Sunday, December 27, 2009

Mandriva 2010 gcc

I loaded Mandriva 2010 on a computer today and when I went to do an install from a command line I was told I didn't have a c compiler.
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See `config.log' for more details.
[root@localhost linuxwacom-0.8.5-8]

Needless to say the GUI software installer refused to load any GCC C++ compiler listed. so use this
urpmi gcc-c++
and now you can actually use the terminal, I have no idea why they would leave this out?
Other than that I love Mandriva 2010 it has everything I use loaded all ready so it just plain worked from the get go.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mandriva is a distribution for the average desktop user who will use rpmdrake rather than urpm*. So, the packages needed for development are left out in a standard desktop installation. Mark "Custom" in the desktop selection and the package group "Development" in group selection, there you have all you need. :)

Term Papers said...

The same issue was happened with me also, but some how i fixed it...

Term papers